I have never blogged before, but due to requests for updates during my upcoming elective in Tugela Ferry, South Africa, I have decided to create a blog! I am very excited to share my learning and adventures with you. I am departing January 12th, and will try to post whenever I am inspired. Please do not use this as an excuse not to send me emails while I am away. My internet will be slow, but accessible, and I will be very happy to hear from you!
Tugela Ferry is a town in the rural region of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. It is about a 3-4 hour drive from Durban. Though it is an under-resourced area, the HIV and TB treatment program that I will be working with is considered a model of care for rural areas in developing countries. My activities will include working in the outpatient clinic, the hospice, and traveling with nurses for home-based care. I will also have the opportunity to create a new community health project, though I am unsure what I will be able to accomplish during my brief six weeks.
I'm sure I will know much more once I arrive, so I will write more then!
Happy 2009,
Erica
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I'm all for the copying. I'll be excited to read about your experiences in South Africa.
ReplyDelete